|things that women should do in training|
With so much wrong advice from all sides, it's easy to find out that training time is wasted, and there are no changes to the figure. The lack of results is particularly affected by women. The reason for this is an abundance of ridiculous and false information about how to deal with and what to eat.
Show more ...
In this article we will introduce a little clarity on this topic and tell you about 7 points that women should add to their fitness workouts for getting more pronounced results.
1. Train in large exercises
Large exercises are multi-joint movements, such as sit-ups, dead lifts, lunges, pull-ups, various pressures and so on. They are universally recognized as the most useful for training, so that women will only benefit by building their lessons on their basis.
First, large exercises load several muscle groups at once, so each time an entire set of muscles are involved. As a result, more energy is burned than when performing single-joint exercises, such as leg extension or lifting to the bicep. In addition, in a greater volume of muscles, sensitivity to insulin and other hormones affecting the metabolic rate increases, and as a result, the composition of the body changes more rapidly.
Secondly, work in multi-joint exercises positively affects both athleticism and everyday life: you will run faster, jump higher, it will be easier for you to raise children in your arms and throw your luggage into the car.
Another advantage of these exercises is that such a load increases the density and strength of bones. In addition, large exercises optimally work on the back chain - the muscles of the back surface of the body: buttocks, hamstrings, calves, upper and lower back muscles. This is especially important for two reasons:
• Women are particularly prone to a power imbalance between the quadriceps and biceps (the quadriceps is strong and the bicep is weak), which can lead to incorrect motor patterns and chronic pain.
• Studies have shown that women are at a disadvantage when it comes to weight loss in the thighs and buttocks, because during training they first of all burn fat in the upper body. Therefore, it is important that women engage in large exercises that load the backbone, because they have a good effect on hormones and metabolism, and this leads to marked changes in body composition.
2. Train hard
Studies show that most people involved in weights do not use loads that are heavy enough to manifest any changes in body composition or strength. Women are particularly at risk of wasting their time because of the general misconception that they should only deal with super-light scales, otherwise they will become large and uninhibited.
Scientists have found that even women with training experience underestimate themselves and raise weights that are 30% lighter than the minimum weight required for at least some changes in body composition.
If you want to lose weight and improve shape and tone, then you can achieve good and fast results by lifting weights that are heavier than those you are used to. During such exercises, much energy is expended, which generates a significant response from the fat-burning hormones, if the training program is organized correctly. Such training overloads muscles, and you become stronger and more athletic.
The general rule is to choose a weight that is 65-85% of the maximum that you can raise. Do 8-15 reps, but do it while you can, or slightly less. If you can sit with a weight of 45 kg only once, then for multiple repetitions in sit-ups, choose 30 kg or more.
3. Train with the barbell
It is very important to master exercises with free weights, since this will allow you to perform multi-joint exercises instead of working on blocks. Also, you will be able to use the full range of motion necessary for optimal muscle training.
For example, when performing a deep squat when the thighs are below the knee, the work of the buttocks and hamstrings increases by 150%, and the load on the lower back is less than with the usual squatting to an angle in the knee of 90 degrees.
Employment with the bar has another advantage. For beginners, grip strength is a limiting factor in lower body workouts, as many women simply can not hold dumbbells weighing more than 15 kg when doing squats and dead lifts. A 30 kg (15 kg in each hand) is not enough for significant changes in body composition.
To perform squats, lunges and rises, you put the neck on your shoulders, which means you can lift much more weight. With the same dead lift, the grip strength will still be a limitation, but you will find that you can take much more weight than with dumbbells, as the bar more evenly distributes weight relative to the center of gravity of the body.
4. Consider the pace of the exercises
The calculation of the pace of each exercise allows the most to stimulate the adaptation of the organism to the loads.
Tempo is the term used to describe the number of seconds spent lifting and lowering the weight. In principle, this means that the load is constantly controlled by the muscles, and does not fall under the influence of gravity.
For example, when squatting, you control the process, drop down 4 seconds, then, without delaying at the lowest point, rise 1 second and 1 second rest in the starting position, then again go down for 4 seconds and so on.
This can be written as 4011, which means 4 seconds for downward movement, below without pause, 1 second for lifting and 1 second for pause at the top point.
As a rule, a slower pace improves the composition of the body and leads to fat burning, since it affects metabolism more strongly. A faster pace develops strength, and explosive (jumping out, weightlifting exercises) - power.
5. Improve your cardio workouts - add intervals
Both women and men make the mistake of referring to aerobic cardio workouts when they want to burn fat and improve their shape. Although it seems logical that cardio leads to fat loss, after all, more calories are burned than if you sit on the couch, but studies have shown that women have a completely different result.
When a woman sits on a diet and is engaged in cardio, she loses muscle mass, the metabolic rate drops, and as a result, even less calories are burned for the whole day. Fat does not disappear anywhere. It is worth her to quit diet and exercise, she again gets fat.
Another reason for the disappointing results of cardio sessions is that the goal of aerobic exercise is to teach the body to be as effective as possible. As a consequence, it quickly adapts to repeated aerobic exercises in order to carry out large amounts of work, using as little as possible oxygen and energy. All this does not contribute to fat loss.
Fortunately, interval training with sprints is very effective for fat burning - they should be in priority if you are interested in removing fat. They can be performed on a track, a treadmill, a bicycle or with scales. They improve the composition of the body for several reasons:
• Increases muscle mass, which leads to faster metabolism in everyday life, and this is a large part of the daily energy burned.
• During training, a lot of calories are consumed, and after it, during recovery, the metabolic rate increases for several hours.
• The function of hormones increases, making the muscles more susceptible to insulin. As a result, the body uses glucose - the main source of energy - much more effective.
• The metabolism of estrogen is accelerating, which makes you slimmer. Reduces the risk of cancer, and improves life in general.
The reason why women can avoid intervals is the belief that first we need to improve the athletic form. This is mistake. Interval training works for everyone, even for older women, you just need to adjust it for your goals:
For example, in elderly women engaged in 30-minute interval walking, leg strength increased, the physical form improved, and the number of symptoms associated with lifestyle changes decreased. Their training consisted of 3 minutes of fast walking, alternating with 3 minutes of slow, and so 10 rounds.
If on cardio workouts the elliptical trainer is given to you effortlessly, begin to add intervals during which you increase the load and intensely engage in 30-60 seconds with a ratio of work and rest 1: 1.
Aerobically trained women (able to run 5 km less than 30 minutes) can try intensive intervals, during which it is necessary to work almost to exhaustion, or very intensive training with weights or power equipment, for example, with pushing sleds.
6. Change the power
Advance planning the menu to maximize the effect of training can lead to simplified nutrition. This may seem surprising, since most people at the mention of the phrase "food for exercise" immediately think of complex combinations of tablets and powders.
On the contrary, training food is just a food that energizes and restores the body. It allows you to forget about the state of hunger and at the same time increases the level of energy. And it consists in the following:
• Build your diet on the basis of whole protein, a small amount of vegetable carbohydrates, as well as useful fat, because such food is needed to restore the body.
• Consume adequate amount of protein. Whole protein is essential for a woman who wants to lose weight easily, because it contains amino acids that are used primarily for tissue repair. Plus, protein satiates and, by increasing muscle mass, helps maintain metabolic rate.
• Consume adequate amount of fat. Fat - is extremely important for women, because it is used for the production of hormones and provides the body with nutrients necessary to strengthen bones and preserve beautiful skin, nails and hair. Fat also satiates, and it is delicious, which is important for creating and securing eating habits that promote weight loss.
• Leave foods high in carbohydrates before the end of training - this is the best time for them, as the metabolism has accelerated, and carbohydrates just replenish glycogen in the muscles and will not turn into fat. In addition, the intake of carbohydrates after exercise reduces the level of the stress hormone cortisol, which over time can improve the body composition.
• If your goal is to change the body composition, then do not consume carbohydrates and sports drinks before and during classes, because there is still plenty of glycogen in the muscles, and there is no need for additional calories.
7. Remove phones and monitors
Concentration and perseverance in training allow at least three times to improve the composition of the body and the results of the exercises. And TVs, ipads, computers and telephones do not have a place in purposeful training. It is better to leave the phone in a bag, locker or car, do not even take it with you to the hall, because, most likely, this will lead to a constant temptation to take it in hand.
Of course, there are times when you have to bring it with you to practice, for example, if you follow the situation in the world or you need to be in contact in case of an emergency, but in 90% of the time there is no need for a phone.
For those 10% of the time when you need to be "on the phone," the mobile is a luxury that allows you to work at full strength, but at other times it's like shackles on your feet that prevent you from being what you can be.
The same goes for the other "readers" used for time out on cardio. Remember, you should not engage in ordinary cardio, but in intervals, and they require a level of intensity and concentration that is not compatible with reading. It's better to listen to audio books or music in an mp3 player, so you'll free the body and head for classes.